Monday 21 March 2011

Report 004 Another feed on the soft plastics baits... 21st July 2009

With the forecast of light winds and no fish in the fridge, Innsie and I went with the idea of a quick and easy jetskifishing session. Well, it was flat until we reached Rakino and we had plans of going out as far as Tiri. Wasn't long and I flagged that due to the conditions, so we decided to have a flick around at the Noise's instead. On arrival I was all keen to try some good Winter spots and to my disgust, looked at my GPS Chart to see no details! I forgot my Chart card, what a start! It was like fishing blind for me, missing that luxury on my Raymarine. We still hunted around for some fish and it didn't take long and Innsie had first fish of the day.
Sorry, I stand corrected, my innovative "Ultimate Rod Holder" fishing kit caught his first fish, he wasn't even holding his rod and the 5" Gulp Jerk Shad worked a treat. Wasn’t long and with the slow fishing, I was quickly bored at the Noise's, as there was not enough action, so it was time to move to a new spot.
  I agreed to leave Innsie to it and suggested he come and join me at my fish farm at the Ahaaha's when he was ready. On arrival, there was already a few boats there and they were located on the Maria's side. I went to my usual spot on the opposing side and on first cast using a 7" Nuclear Chicken, I was on to a Snapper going perfect size for dinner at 410mm.
Not long and I was on to another fish, at the same spot and on the same bait. As the other fishing days, the Snapper were caught on the drop with a tight line using 1 oz. Innsie finally caught up with me and on his arrival they were still on the bite, then all of sudden it just went quiet.
We both persisted for a while and before long the weather started to get up then Innsie needed to head back for the real world.
I decided to persist as a couple of snapper wasn't enough to feed my household. Pretty much the moment Innsie left, I was back on to them, he won't be happy hearing that! I was now using 7 " Camo, was proving very popular with the Snapper. Then next, I tried the Pink Shine 7 " and with four Snapper in the chilly bin, I switched to the 5 " Peppered Prawn, which hooked a Snapper going 460mm.
 The weather was closing in fast, so I made the decision to head back.
On the way back it was getting pretty miserable and I had to quickly kit out for full Winter Jetskifishing.
Even with the bad weather, it was still another fun trip out and great to get a feed of Snapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular report...