Monday 21 March 2011

Report 007 A quick bin full... 16th of August 2009

On Saturday I heard the all clear had been given and now it is safe to fish with no worries of so called 1080 poisoning, dodgy slugs or puffer fish syndrome. So many scenarios, we may never know the truth, it may be a conspiracy, next they will be accusing Bin Laden... The weather was not looking that great with high winds forecasted and the weather forecast changing by the hour. I had run out of patience and made the decision, I would head out at 6.30 am Sunday for a quick session. The plan didn't go well, I was late out of bed and arrived at Buckland's Beach ramp at 8.00am.
The conditions were looking pretty good and with the forecast of 30 knots + later in the day, I was relieved that one way will be a smooth ride.
Headed straight out to one of the Winter fish farms, with the hope of some Snapper still holding there.
On my first drop I was a little disorganised, so decided to reset and do another cast. This time I was on with a Snapper going 460mm, using a 7" Gulp Camo.
I carried on the fishing in this same area, repeating my drifts to catch 6 Snapper until running out of my 7" Gulp Camo stocks. I soon changed to the 7" Pepper and the Snapper couldn’t resist that either.
Then the Pink Shine 7inch.
Then the Curried Chicken 7 inch.
The fishing session was over, 2 hours of fun on the water and a full chilly bin of fresh Snapper.
Time to head home, the trip back took 20 minutes at a cruising speed of about 75km.
Filleted the fish, happily knowing I took advantage of the small weather window with a quick Jetskifishing session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular report...