Monday 21 March 2011

Report 012 Why wouldn't you go Jetskifishing? 16th of September 2009

With the good weather and light winds I was greeted by this morning, I quickly restructured my day, so I could enjoy a Jetskifishing session. I left from the usual spot, being Bucklands Beach ramp at low tide, with glass conditions.
This trip was feeling like one of those days, too good to be true… More so, as I just passed Musick Point I was thinking, this is the life and all of sudden, a pod of Bottlenose Dolphins popped up to play around my ski.
They were doing an aerobatic display like you see at Sea World, only 10 metres away from my ski.

I headed the long way around, via Curusoe to my latest spot, a 4 metre pin in the middle of nowhere.
First drop on the 7" Nuclear Chicken, I got smashed by a fat Snapper going 50cm, what a great start.
At this spot, there was plenty of sign, yet I wasn't on bite time and they didn't seem overly interested. I then went down to Spray Rock which proved a wasted trip, with my short time frame! Next, was a quick trip across to the Haystack, where the day was only getting better. It was glass and at the back of Rakino, I spotted a large gathering of Gannets.
Not long and they started dive bombing, such a great feeling being located in the middle of it. On each cast with the Gulp plastic baits, I was hooked up on string pulling Kahawai, plenty of fun on the light gear.

There was also Snapper amongst the Kahawai if you could get to the bottom.
More Kahawai!
Before I knew it, I was out of time and needed to head home for ‘schools out’ duties. Was another great day out and as always, I was fully appreciating how good we have it with Jetskifishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular report...