Monday 21 March 2011

Report 008 A great Friday on the water... 21st August 2009

I took advantage of some amazing weather for a Friday on the water. Left Bucklands Beach in the morning, just after high tide. I headed to my first spot, being the Haystack. I thought today I will try some of my old hauntings from this time last year and see if the fish are doing the full circle.
On first drop at the Haystack I was on to a Snapper using a 7" Nuclear Chicken. After setting for another drift and wasn't long before I was winding up another Snapper. I was on no time deadlines today, so I was keen to cruise around just testing spots, until the other Jetskifishos headed out. I then moved over to the Noises to try looking for some fish sign. I found a few patches, but didn't hook up on any good Snapper, as I was more focused playing with this 3D feature on my Raymarine A57D.
This is an image from behind the Noises.
After this, I cruised over to Takapu Rock, where I hooked this Snapper using the 7" Camo.
This spot definetly has potential, as I dropped a few good fish on this session.
I then moved over to the Ahaaha's to wait for the others and in the mean time landed another Snapper.
This was a different spot to my usual, just showing the fish are at most of the outer spots at the mo.
Finally the crew turned up and Mark was on to his first Snapper on the new ski.
Mark netting the Snapper.
We met a Alex Tomov and his friend, normally fishing from a Fryan boat. They thought it was time to experience the Jetskifishing concept…
I ended up with half a dozen nice sized Snaps for the trip and had a smooth ride back, catching some video footage of the twin Jetskifishing Waverunners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular report...